
Since the recent tragedy when those 9 firefighters from Charleston, SC lost their lives, I've really been thinking about what I would do if I was in the place of their families. Two of the men were Brian's age and that really hit home for me. I would hope that if I were having to walk in that funeral procession holding my son knowing he would never know what a fantastic man his father is, that I could hold my head up proudly knowing my husband died doing something he loved to do. That's a firefighter's job...to run in when everyone else runs out. To save a complete stranger's life while risking and possibly losing their own. I am so proud to call myself a firefighter's wife and to know that my son is being raised by the bravest most incredible man I know. Drew will grow up knowing that every life is worth saving and for that I will never be able to thank Brian enough. I'm so proud of him for what he does and for how he looks at it...he would never call being a firefighter a job...to him it's a way of life. Those are his brothers and I'm amazed by their love for each other. I envy how he never dreads going to the fire station...I wish I was that way about my job! True, I worry about him when he's there, but I just kiss him goodbye and try not to think about what happens between that moment and the moment when I hear him open the door the next morning.
We love you Brian! Thanks for doing what you do and taking such great care of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment