
Well, the first week of daycare and going back to work are complete. And I have to say, not nearly as traumatic as Mommy expected. Every time we have gone to pick you up at daycare you have been playing and happy. So that has made us so happy. You always smile when we get home and want to play with us and that makes it so fun. And since you are such a morning person, it has really made me in a much better mood to start my day. I always try to wake you up with at least an hour to spare before we have to leave in the morning so we can get in some playtime before you eat breakfast. You smile so much when you first wake up and you love to laugh and talk to us. I am not a morning person at all, but this makes me look forward to getting up early every morning. For those of you who really know me, you know that is a big stretch for me! I'm usually the one awake really late at night and wishing I could sleep in. This week I have found myself getting up before my alarm goes off at 5:30 because I want to be completely ready by 6:15. Crazy, I know...but I guess that's being a new parent for you. Not being with you all day really makes me look forward to our time together. Daddy and I can't wait to get you home every night and love on you. We have really been looking forward to this weekend so that we can all play for two whole days! Thank you for making this week so incredible. I never would've expected to enjoy it so much. Being back to work has been nice to. I didn't realize how much I missed everyone. Of course, I would much rather be at home playing with you all day. I love you, Drew!! ~Mommy

1 comment:
I'm so glad your first week back went so well. I know it must have been hard! He is so adorable Martha and Finley and I can't wait to meet him!!!
Post a Comment