Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 was so nice. We didn't have to be anywhere until 1:30 in the afternoon. So when Brian got home from work we just laid around, made sausage balls, watched the parade, and got ready slowly. It was so nice and relaxing. Then we went to my grandparent's house until about 3:30 and then headed to Brian's dad's after that. It was nice not having to run like crazy people. Drew and Caroline had their own "kid's" table at my grandparents' which was so cute. They loved it...and as usual Drew didn't eat anything except black olives and Caroline ate all her food and a little of Drew's. Such a good girl! There are so many things to be thankful for this year. I'm of course thankful for all the basic needs being met...jobs, house, food, cars, etc. I'm very thankful that we haven't had to struggle because of the economy like so many people have. We've been very blessed this year...not a small part due to Financial Peace and all we've learned. I'm thankful for both our families and all our friends. I'm thankful that Drew goes to a great school with teachers and friends that love him and make him so happy and fulfilled. I'm thankful that Davis got accepted into the same school and we don't have to find an "in the meantime" school for him. I'm so incredibly thankful for my beautiful, hilarious son. I'm thankful for every kiss, every hug, every belly-laugh, every smile. Drew is such a blessing to mine and Brian's lives and I couldn't imagine life without him in it. I don't remember what it was like before! I'm thankful for my incredible husband. I'm thankful for all the hard work Brian does to provide for us, but I'm also very thankful for all he does for us when he's home. I'm thankful that he gives Drew a bath more than I do (selfishly...I'm not a fan of bathtime!). I'm thankful that he thinks it's important to read stories with Drew, play firetrucks for hours on end, and just love his son and teach him how a man/husband should act and treat his family. I'm thankful for the wonderful life growing inside me and I'm very thankful that we should get to meet Davis in a few short weeks. Most of all I'm thankful for a God that allows all of this to be possible despite all my sin and short-comings....he seems to think I deserve the life he's given me.

No comments: