Brian and I have started Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University at our church. A lot of you have probably heard of him, but if you haven’t, go to his website and check him out www.daveramsey.com. It’s basically a plan that helps you get some emergency savings, pay off debt, and just get financially stable in order to save for retirement and give. We are really loving the class and have met some great people through the class. It has 7 baby steps that you follow in order to not get overwhelmed by the process. It has really brought us closer as a couple and a family and we are finally becoming more conscious of the money we spend on things like food, clothes, etc. WAY too much! I’ve always know that Brian was the saver in our family and I was the spender, but I’m learning more about him than I really thought I would. He’s so generous and loving and willing to do anything to make me happy that sometimes it puts us in a bind. I’m the taker and I want what I want when I want it. He’s always so willing to give up something so that I can have what I want. I’m the one that needs to make a change and I’ve finally figured that out. After 30 years…isn’t that sad?!
We’ve been going to our church pretty regularly since right before Drew was born. In fact, we joined the church the week before he was born. We knew we were missing something in our life and both wanted to become members of a church and get used to it while our kids were young so they could take advantage of that too. We just recently decided to switch services to the more non-traditional service at our church, Waypoint. We’ve always been more traditional with what we like…church music, preaching, etc. But something wasn’t clicking for us and we needed more from the church so that we could really grow in our relationships with God. This service has definitely helped us take it to the next level. It’s full of energy and young people like us and the pastor is amazing. Every Sunday we spend the next hour talking about the sermon and the music. We’ve both started reading the Left Behind series which are great books…very entertaining and eye opening. We’ve started talking about religion and beliefs and goals with each other and with Drew and it’s so neat to connect that way. We’ve both always believed and gone to church and have been Christians for years, but we haven’t necessarily been living and giving and everything the way we’d like. We’re meeting people and Drew has a new Sunday School class with a little children’s choir that he loves. I’m just really excited about the whole thing. It’s all coming together to help us grow in our relationships with God and each other.
This post is a lot more serious that I normally do, but I didn’t want to forget this time in our lives. This blog is a baby book and scrap book for our boys and I like to remember what was going on at the time so that some day they can look back on their life and know what mommy and daddy were doing too!
Your Top Five Decorating Dilemmas SOLVED!
1 week ago
1 comment:
Thank you so much for being willing and posting this for me to see! We too have been working on some of the same things. We attend a nontraditional service and are both believers but have never done a lot together as one to serve! We are working on getting Addie involved and at home too!
Post a Comment