Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In my next 30 years...

I turned 30 yesterday. It was a really great day! I love birthdays. My co-workers made the work day very fun with lots of nice treats. Then Brian sent me beautiful flowers and we went out to dinner with my parents and Drew. We went to one of my favorites...Dixie Cafe. Yummy! Brian and Drew got me a gift certificate to Sakura (my favorite sushi place) and I get to go get a massage! It was such a special day...plus Brian and I get to go to Copeland's for a date tonight...thanks Jaime and Jason!
These last 30 years have been fabulous. I had an amazing childhood filled with love, laughter, support...all the things you want out of family life. My parents are amazing people who have always taught us how to live a life that God would be proud of. My grandparents are such good role models and extremely loving. My brother and sister were so fun to have around growing up...even when we were fighting like crazy. And I'm so blessed to have added another brother and sister and a niece in the last few years as they both got married and my sister had a baby. We are all so lucky to get along and have fun together. I've been blessed with a beautiful, funny, caring, loving little boy. Brian's family has always loved me and made me feel welcome from the moment I started dating him. I was given a great education by my parents and am furthering that education thanks to Brian's hard work. My husband is the GREATEST man on earth. I was truly lucky to have found a man that treats me as well as my father treated my mother. Brian is caring, funny, gorgeous, hard-working, and loves me and Drew unconditionally. He helps around the house, works 3 jobs, and still wants to be around us all the time! I have tons of great friends that I love like family.
Thank you to everyone for making my first 30 years so special. I love all of you and can't wait to see what happens in the next 30!
**PS...Don't mind my adorable son picking his nose in the picture...it's the price you pay for 2 out of 3 people looking good**

1 comment:

Kyle and Amanda said...

Happy 30th Martha! Would you mind to send me your email address? Send to amandadrogers@cox.net. I'm trying to get them for my sister-in-law for a big Pi Phi reunion event in October.

Also, if you have any others from our pledge class, please email them to me too.

thanks!
Amanda Srygley Rogers