2008 was such a great year. We had so much fun laughing, watching Drew grow up, welcoming new family members, and just being together. I love my boys so much. I wanted to highlight some of the things that we remember most! These are in no particular order! And I'm sure I've left some out!
- Drew turned one and started really talking...he says some of the funniest things now. One of my recent favorites is when he says "Help me mommy"
- Mary Caroline Jennings was born. Such a beautiful little girl and it's been really fun bonding with my sister in a whole new way as moms.
- Hannah married Brent...so I'm 2 for 2 on in-laws. My brother and sister couldn't have picked better people to marry.
- Brian and I went on a trip to Chicago...saw the Cubs play twice, shopped, drank, ate, went to the zoo. We had a great time and it was nice to spend so much time focusing on us.
- Watching Drew's face when he saw that Santa brought him a basketball goal. He was so excited and didn't open anything else after he saw it. That gift has already brought him so much happiness.
- Watching Drew turn into a little boy...he is so sweet and funny and active and loving. He loves to give hugs and tell you that he loves you. His smile can melt even the coldest hearts!
- Seeing Drew develop friendships on his own. He has lots of friends that are kind of forced since we are good friends with their parents, but in the last year he has really developed his own friendships at school and went to his first birthday parties for Whitman and Harlee.
- Taking Drew to the circus and the zoo. He loves animals and was in heaven
- Looking at Christmas lights. We do this every year and love it, but this year we went to Garvin Gardens for the first time...so beautiful!
- Drew really loves sports...it's so fun watching you get excited about basketball, baseball, and football
- Watching Brian as a Daddy. That is one of my favorite things about the past 2 years. He is so sweet and fun and responsible all at the same time. Drew is really lucky to have him as a Daddy and role model. And I'm very lucky to have him for a husband and best friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment