I can safely post this now because it's been three weeks since we said goodbye to the Binky (pacifier) at our house. I had resigned myself to taking it away when he turned 2. I don't want him to grow up, but he needed to get rid of it by then so he would talk more. He hasn't had it at school since August, but he usually has it around our house and at night when he's sleeping. So about 3 weeks ago I told him that he could only have it when he was ready to go to bed and we cut the tips off all of them except one. He did okay with that, so a few days later I decided not to give it to him at night unless he asked for it. And he never has. He talks about it occasionally. He says "Binky go night-night." And he talks about how Binkies are for little babies, so I think he gets it. I can't believe it was such an easy transition! We are lucky...he does really well with things like that. He let go of the bottle in a day too. Now the transition into the Terrible Twos looks like it's going to be a much harder battle! Here are some of my favorite binky pics. Except the ones from the hospital...those aren't on this computer!
No comments:
Post a Comment