Friday, May 23, 2008

Please pray for our Belle!



I know a lot of people think that dogs are just "animals", but all you pet lovers understand how we feel about our baby girl. Of course we love Drew tons more, but Belle is definitely our baby too. Our first "baby" and she's really sick right now. I took her to the vet this afternoon to have some tests run because she's just been off lately. She's not eating (which everyone knows is totally unlike her) and she's just been feeling bad. So we found out that she's got liver and possible kidney problems and we had to admit her into the animal hospital tonight. The vet thinks she might have something that could be contagious to us and we had to keep her in isolation for a few days just in case. We definitely don't want Drew coming in contact with something that could potentially make him sick and she needs some IVs. So it looks like we are without our girl this weekend because the tests can't be processed until Tuesday because of the holiday weekend.
So please keep her in your prayers and us too because we miss her. Drew just kept hugging her and kissing her at the doctor because he could tell she didn't feel well. We just hope this all turns out well and we can bring her home and give her medicine. Thanks for all the help we got today...you guys are the best!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I understand about the dog thing. I've never been an animal person myself, but when our lab was killed last October by a water truck, I nearly lost it. I hope Belle gets better and Drew can play with her some more. That was really sweet of him to give her hugs at the doctor's office.