Saturday, February 16, 2008

Good little sleeper!


Since you were about 10 months old you've been sleeping in our bed because you just wouldn't go back to sleep easily in the middle of the night...and because we were too tired and lazy to make you! When we went to the doctor for your 1 year old check up, she told us to focus on getting you weaned off the bottle and eating good and then to work on the sleeping issue. So the weaning went really easy...took you off the Saturday after you turned 1 and you never looked back. The eating was a little harder since you were determined to only eat crackers and bread for the rest of your life, but you finally gave in and starting eating more table food...even chicken tenders and ham, so we're happy with that. So last Saturday while Daddy was at work, I decided it was time for you to move back into your bed permanently. So following my friend Katie's advice that the Ferber method (crying-it-out) worked...I tried it too. I put you in your bed after two stories, prayers, and an explanation period and you cried for 11 minutes and I went in one time to pat you and lie you back down. Then you went to sleep waking up two times and putting your self back to sleep. The next 3 nights were about the same and now you are only crying about 2-3 minutes and not waking up until about 6am. So for now...WAY TO GO! I realize that by blogging about this I'm probably jinxing it, but i had to brag on my boy! I didn't realize how tired I was until I started getting real sleep! Love you baby! And I miss our cuddle times, but that's what Saturday and Sunday mornings are for right?!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I'm so glad Drew is sleeping through the night because Braeden sure isn't. He refuses to sleep in his bed at night, but will take naps in his bed....I don't get it. We're also still on the bottle since the doctor said it was okay...B is underweight for his age, but we're down to 1 bottle a night now. YEA!!! Any advice would be great.

Corbin said...

Thats awesome!!! What a big little boy!!! He is so cute!!!